The Society was founded in 1950 by Bill Newport and John Simpson to study the stamps and postal history of the Channel Islands.
Areas covered are the stamps, philately, postal history, postcards, and ephemera of the Channel Islands and the smaller islands of Sark, Herm, Jethou, Lihou, Brecqhou, Les Minquiers, Les Ecrehous and the French Channel Islands. We welcome all levels of collectors, from novice to specialist, and hope to offer support, as well as encouragement and opportunity to all.
- Meetings three or four times a year, usually in London.
- An annual weekend meeting, either on one of the Channel Islands or on the UK mainland.
- Our journal Les Iles Normandes which is published quarterly.
- Exchange packets with members′ surplus material for sale, which are circulated
regularly in the UK and the Channel Islands.
- Two Society auctions a year
- Support for our members to publish studies that often become standard works and the mainstay to many
collectors and those studying the Islands.
- An annual Competition Day, usually in February, when all members are invited to compete for the Society′s
trophies and awards.
Thank you for visiting our site
We hope to interest you in joining the Channel Islands Specialists′ Society. We are a very friendly and informal association; please browse our site and contact us if you need any further information.