It is with much pleasure that, in recognition of our Society’s 75th Anniversary celebrations in 2025, the President of the RPSL, Mike Roberts FRPSL has invited us to provide a major display to the Fellows, Members and guests of the Royal on the above date and time. We have been delighted to accept this invitation and the purpose of this note is to provide you with further information together with an invitation to participate.
1. We displayed at the Royal for the Society’s 50th and 60th Anniversary but on this occasion, there are many more frames available for use and therefore we would like to encourage as many members as possible to join us on this auspicious occasion. There are 54 frames to fill with each frame holding 16 sheets.
2. Should you wish to take part and provide a display, may I ask you please at this early stage, to send Richard Flemming by email at email@example.com the title of your display by the very latest the 10th March 2024. If you wish to offer more than one display, please do so up to a maximum of three.
3. Each frame should consist of a different topic and further details of suggested topic areas are available in the document shown by clicking on the box below:
4. By so doing, this will afford us the opportunity to choose material which will provide as varied an afternoon as possible. We hope that all types of philatelic material will be represented, and a panel will choose the displays from the submissions. We do hope to invite at least one exhibit from each member who wishes to display.
5. We plan to notify acceptances to members as soon as practicable but hopefully before the 20th May 2024.
6. If your exhibit(s) is/are selected, you will be requested to provide a brief description of your material of around 250-300 words, together with a colour scan of either two or three stamps or one cover for inclusion in the brochure which we must provide for the RPSL members. Further details on how this is to be done together with timings will follow in due course.
7. Each member of the CISS will also receive a copy of the brochure.
8. The RPSL does not provide Insurance cover for exhibits; therefore, any insurance risk will be the responsibility of the member.
The Executive Committee look forward to hearing from you and should you have any questions, please feed them through Richard or me. We shall keep you informed of our progress.
With best regards,
David Winnie FRPSL
Channel Islands Specialists’ Society